There isn't an 11:45 pm train...or a 5:30 am one either. I slept soundly in my new apartment. I awoke to peaceful surroundings. No early am car door slamming. No rowdy neighbors throwing up on my sidewalk after a night of partying. Yahoo! Not only is it half the price of my old apartment, but it's a better place for nature study. There are a couple of sweet sit spot locations just outside my windows. Clara has found a window seat on the world, too. Cat and I are both happy.
The down side? I feel like I've been run over by a truck...there's a permanent cramp in the bicep of my left arm. My neck hurts. There's a funny tingle in my lower back. The only time I've ever regretted being a reader is when I've had to move my books. Yikes...I must be getting old.
Links to Cool Sites:
My Favorite Fiction Authors and Books
- Suzanne Arruda- the Jade del Cameron mysteries: "The Mark of the Lion" "Stalking Ivory", "The Serpent's Daughter", "The Leopard's Prey" and "The Golden Cheetah"
- Ken Goddard - "Balefire" and others
- Stephen White - the Dr. Alan Gregory books are all great. "Kill Me" is my favorite.
- Harlan Coben - anything he writes is great
- Elizabeth Peters - Amelia Peabody mysteries
My Favorite Nonfiction Authors and Books
- "Coyote's Guide to Connecting With Nature" by Jon Young, Ellen Haas and Evan McGown- 2nd edition coming soon!
- Gavin De Becker - "The Gift of Fear"
- "Deep Survival" by Laurence Gonzales- the best survival book I've ever read! Not a how-to, its more of a who does,and why.
- Candice Millard - "The River of Doubt -Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey"
- Anything that starts with "Peterson's Field Guide To..."
- Tom Brown, Jr. - "The Tracker" and others
- Mark Elbroch - "Mammal Tracks and Sign" and "Animal Skulls"