I was a little late getting home from work today. A note stuck on my door greeted me...I had a package waiting in the office at my apartment complex. It was raining big fat, cold drops that bordered on slushy. What could be worth sloshing around the corner for? I wasn't expecting anything and Christmas and by birthday had passed.
Of course I did slosh over to the office. I had not 1 but 2 packages waiting for me. The first was a small green and white box from The Swiss Colony. I remembered that Mom had asked me at Christmas time if I had received one from them, but I had forgotten all about our conversation. The cheese and sausage made a nice accompaniment to my homemade soup.
I called to thank her for it - the 3rd time I've spoken to her in a week.
The 2nd box was from my friend Cheryl in Butler, Mo...the place I'd called home for nearly 30 years. She had stuffed it full of cookies, candy, a pretty tea cup, a calendar, and in a blue bag, I found 3 packages of tea from Whittard of Chelsea! I made another call.
I've had my soup, cheese, sausage and crackers. The dishwasher is running. I have my chores done...I also have a book waiting, and water on for tea...Here's the dilemma...do I have the Cinnamon and Orange Rooibos, the Very, Very Berry Fruit Infusion, or the Blueberry and Yoghurt Fruit Infusion? I'll let you know tomorrow.
Links to Cool Sites:
My Favorite Fiction Authors and Books
- Suzanne Arruda- the Jade del Cameron mysteries: "The Mark of the Lion" "Stalking Ivory", "The Serpent's Daughter", "The Leopard's Prey" and "The Golden Cheetah"
- Ken Goddard - "Balefire" and others
- Stephen White - the Dr. Alan Gregory books are all great. "Kill Me" is my favorite.
- Harlan Coben - anything he writes is great
- Elizabeth Peters - Amelia Peabody mysteries
My Favorite Nonfiction Authors and Books
- "Coyote's Guide to Connecting With Nature" by Jon Young, Ellen Haas and Evan McGown- 2nd edition coming soon!
- Gavin De Becker - "The Gift of Fear"
- "Deep Survival" by Laurence Gonzales- the best survival book I've ever read! Not a how-to, its more of a who does,and why.
- Candice Millard - "The River of Doubt -Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey"
- Anything that starts with "Peterson's Field Guide To..."
- Tom Brown, Jr. - "The Tracker" and others
- Mark Elbroch - "Mammal Tracks and Sign" and "Animal Skulls"