Many thanks to those who have taken time to come read my blog, and to those who have left comments. I thought you might like to know a bit about my friends.
Margaret, it' great to hear from you! I'll tell the cat story another day...I'm laughing too hard to type it in right now. Margaret and husband Gary rescue abused horses...good work, guys!
Filip is a dear friend I met on the first day of class at WAS. He and Jenn are wonderful people who lead exciting lives, so check out his blogs, too. He's the one who will correct me if I mis-identify anthing in this blog...I'm counting on him for that.
All I can say about Annonymous is that he/she has good taste. I hope you check back often for updates.
Links to Cool Sites:
My Favorite Fiction Authors and Books
- Suzanne Arruda- the Jade del Cameron mysteries: "The Mark of the Lion" "Stalking Ivory", "The Serpent's Daughter", "The Leopard's Prey" and "The Golden Cheetah"
- Ken Goddard - "Balefire" and others
- Stephen White - the Dr. Alan Gregory books are all great. "Kill Me" is my favorite.
- Harlan Coben - anything he writes is great
- Elizabeth Peters - Amelia Peabody mysteries
My Favorite Nonfiction Authors and Books
- "Coyote's Guide to Connecting With Nature" by Jon Young, Ellen Haas and Evan McGown- 2nd edition coming soon!
- Gavin De Becker - "The Gift of Fear"
- "Deep Survival" by Laurence Gonzales- the best survival book I've ever read! Not a how-to, its more of a who does,and why.
- Candice Millard - "The River of Doubt -Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey"
- Anything that starts with "Peterson's Field Guide To..."
- Tom Brown, Jr. - "The Tracker" and others
- Mark Elbroch - "Mammal Tracks and Sign" and "Animal Skulls"