I do so wish I had a photo to share today...I'm really not much of a party animal. You won't find me dancing on a tabletop or crushing beer cans on my head.
However, last night I did attend a combo birthday/house warming party for my friend Shondel. There was a Monty Python theme...I've never seen the movie, except for the bits I watched last night between party games. I took a couple of swings at the pinata...wore an emergency costume provided by my friends. I was a shrub...and I found the Black Monster of Arggggg - or something like that.
The potluck was good, even though everything was created from Spam. My friend Jonathan debated with me all the reasons my car might be hurt, and therefor refusing to run right no. He thinks I should talk gently to it and tell it I love it. I think I should kick it in the radiator and make it straighten up. All in all, it was a silly, rainy night and I still don't get most of the jokes.
It was fun...I might do it again someday.
Links to Cool Sites:
My Favorite Fiction Authors and Books
- Suzanne Arruda- the Jade del Cameron mysteries: "The Mark of the Lion" "Stalking Ivory", "The Serpent's Daughter", "The Leopard's Prey" and "The Golden Cheetah"
- Ken Goddard - "Balefire" and others
- Stephen White - the Dr. Alan Gregory books are all great. "Kill Me" is my favorite.
- Harlan Coben - anything he writes is great
- Elizabeth Peters - Amelia Peabody mysteries
My Favorite Nonfiction Authors and Books
- "Coyote's Guide to Connecting With Nature" by Jon Young, Ellen Haas and Evan McGown- 2nd edition coming soon!
- Gavin De Becker - "The Gift of Fear"
- "Deep Survival" by Laurence Gonzales- the best survival book I've ever read! Not a how-to, its more of a who does,and why.
- Candice Millard - "The River of Doubt -Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey"
- Anything that starts with "Peterson's Field Guide To..."
- Tom Brown, Jr. - "The Tracker" and others
- Mark Elbroch - "Mammal Tracks and Sign" and "Animal Skulls"