I never thought I'd see my name in the credits at the end of a film, but I did today. I knew that Wilderness Awareness School was making a new DVD to send to people who request information about our Residential Program or our new Earth Mentor Program. And I have given permission for the use of any of my photographs that I took last year while in WARP07. But it was a big surprise today to see the end of the finished product, and then to see my name as the credits rolled.
I haven't even seen the whole film yet, and I feel like a star! It's incredibly nice to be able to give back a bit to a program that changed my life in so many ways. And the really cool thing is that the programs change things for everyone they touch. I'm excited that my photographs might encourage someone to come and give it a go. Now, if I can just stay humble....
Links to Cool Sites:
My Favorite Fiction Authors and Books
- Suzanne Arruda- the Jade del Cameron mysteries: "The Mark of the Lion" "Stalking Ivory", "The Serpent's Daughter", "The Leopard's Prey" and "The Golden Cheetah"
- Ken Goddard - "Balefire" and others
- Stephen White - the Dr. Alan Gregory books are all great. "Kill Me" is my favorite.
- Harlan Coben - anything he writes is great
- Elizabeth Peters - Amelia Peabody mysteries
My Favorite Nonfiction Authors and Books
- "Coyote's Guide to Connecting With Nature" by Jon Young, Ellen Haas and Evan McGown- 2nd edition coming soon!
- Gavin De Becker - "The Gift of Fear"
- "Deep Survival" by Laurence Gonzales- the best survival book I've ever read! Not a how-to, its more of a who does,and why.
- Candice Millard - "The River of Doubt -Theodore Roosevelt's Darkest Journey"
- Anything that starts with "Peterson's Field Guide To..."
- Tom Brown, Jr. - "The Tracker" and others
- Mark Elbroch - "Mammal Tracks and Sign" and "Animal Skulls"